A paranormal investigation is coming to Norwich’s hidden street
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A haunted night out is coming to the city this Halloween where you will encounter spirits of a different kind.
Beneath Kinda Kafe in Castle Meadow is Norwich's own Diagon Alley, with a hidden street which dates back to the 15th century and holds many of the secrets to the city's history.
On October 28, 29 and 31, Beyond the Shadows will be hosting a paranormal investigation in the eerie undercroft where they will attempt to summon spirits with groups of ten people.
The evening will run from 9.30pm to 1am and includes group vigils, table tipping, a spirit board, use of EMF meters, which measure radiation, and voice recorders.
Ghost hunters will be able to get a rare glimpse into the haunting space, which used to be at street level before the castle ditches were filled in to make Castle Meadow.
You may also want to watch:
There are many myths and tales about the undercroft including secret dungeons, escape routes to Norwich Castle and tunnels that sneak through the city.
Tom Gaskin, social enterprise manager of The Missing Kind who run the cafe, said: "The guys at Beyond the Shadows are an experienced paranormal investigation team who have worked at locations across Norfolk and approached us about doing Halloween events here.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Man seriously injured after crash
- 4 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 5 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 6 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 7 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 8 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Minke whale washes up on beach
"They will use all the devices that they use on Most Haunted and have a preference for smaller groups as it is sensitive to what they are doing.
"It is such a unique space in Norwich and is a perfect spooky location with lots of legends and myths."
The event is raising money for The Missing Kind, which aims to inspires a kinder world through their projects, and Kinda Kafe also run Hidden History tours and an escape room in the undercroft.
Tickets cost £40 and can be purchased at kindakafe.org and you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for information on future events.
Visit our Weird Norfolk page to find out more about the county's weird and wonderful history.