Pop and soap icon Jason Donovan announces Norwich show
- Credit: Archant
Let all your neighbours know as star of stage and screen Jason Donovan is heading to the city on his new UK tour.
The eighties heartthrob is coming to Norwich Theatre Royal especially for you on Sunday, September 20 2020 on his Even More Good Reasons tour, which celebrates the 30th anniversary of debut album Ten Good Reasons.
The show will be his first UK concert tour in four years and will also feature a live band and anecdotes from his glittering career.
The Australian-born star first found fame as Scott Robinson on Neighbours in the late eighties and his on-screen wedding to Charlene Mitchell, played by Kylie Minogue, attracted 19.6 million viewers.
Proving he is a man of many talents, he also launched a successful pop career and his first album spent four weeks at the number one spot in the UK charts.
You may also want to watch:
Over his career, he has had 10 top ten singles, including number one hits Especially For You, where he duetted with co-star Kylie, Sealed With a Kiss and Too Many Broken Hearts.
He also topped the charts with his 1991 version of Any Dream Will Do from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, created by Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber, where he starred as the title character.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 7 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
His stage credits also include The Rocky Horror Show, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, The Sound of Music and he has also produced the upcoming tour of Priscilla Queen of the Desert, which he previously starred in.
John Bultitude, Communications Manager at Norwich Theatre Royal, said: "It is exciting to welcome Jason Donovan back to Norwich.
"From entertaining excitable clubbers at Norwich nightspot Ritzy's in the late eighties to his last appearance on our stage in the fifties musical-drama Million Dollar Quartet back in 2017, his fan-base will relish the chance to hear his voice and enjoy his warm Aussie charm once again."