‘What a kind and caring man he is’ - Panto star Ben Langley makes surprise visit to superfan
- Credit: Archant
Theatre Royal panto star Ben Langley proved his personality is just as big as his heart as he made a surprise visit to his biggest fan.
Niesha Moss, aged nine, has loved watching Ben since she first saw him in the Norwich Theatre Royal pantomime five years ago.
Whilst Niesha lives in Holmfirth in West Yorkshire, every Christmas she watches the show with her family before spending Christmas with her grandma in Norwich.
Mum Paula Dunleavy said: 'When she was just six years old, she researched Norwich panto online and found out Ben Langley and Richard Gauntlett's names.
'She found lots of clips of Ben and Richard's trailers and watched them over and over and became a superfan.'
You may also want to watch:
Ahead of watching Aladdin this Christmas, mum Paula wrote to the theatre asking Ben, who plays Wishee Washee, to give Niesha a shoutout on stage.
Unfortunately the letter didn't arrive in time, but afterwards the family received an email from the theatre asking if they could have Niesha's email address.
READ MORE: 7 cheap and free things to do in Norfolk this week - from brewery tour to balletAfter receiving an email from Ben, Niesha was 'so happy and surprised she burst into tears' and was then asked for her grandma's home address.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 8 Man and woman found dead in home
- 9 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 10 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
Mrs Dunleavy said: 'We had a lovely Christmas and packed up our things on Boxing Day ready to go home and nanny shouted from the kitchen.
'She'd seen Ben walking up the drive to the front door and we all screamed and Niesha froze.
'Ben came in to meet Niesha and the rest of the family and he chatted to each one of us and had photos.
'What a kind, generous and caring man he is. He has made my daughter's dream come true.'
READ MORE: 'A delight of a discovery' - the Norwich pub where the food is worth travelling forThe family has also called for Ben Langley to be reinstated for panto next year, after it was revealed the comic has not been asked to appear in 2019 as the show goes in a 'new direction'.
Mrs Dunleavy said: 'Norwich Theatre Royal what are you thinking - the people of Norwich can't stand for this - my daughters and my whole family will be devastated if he's not there next year.'