Stars' newcomer itching to go in derby clash
- Credit: Ian Burt
Richard Lawson makes his King’s Lynn debut at his former club Ipswich on Thursday night (7.30pm).
It’s been a tough start to the season for Peter Schroeck’s men and it will be another challenge at their rivals.
Lawson is thrilled to be linking up with the club.
He said: “I almost joined Lynn in the winter when there was an issue with one of their riders, but it didn’t happen because the situation resolved itself.
“I was happy to talk to them and when the call came again and they asked if I would still be interested I just said 'yes' straight away. I was without a Premiership team and I jumped at the chance, I’m pleased to be joining up with them.
“I’m confident in my own ability and feel I can do a job for the team.”
Erik Riss switches to the number one spot and there’s a change at reserve with Ty Proctor heading to the number seven spot with Lewis Bridger moving in to the main body of the team.
- 1 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 2 Crumbling coast fear means Norfolk's 'golf ball' radar must be moved
- 3 Pub gets dozens of calls asking - 'Do you know there's a dog on your roof?'
- 4 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 5 Seaside Victorian B&B for sale near 'best beach in the east'
- 6 Yobs pictured climbing on vandalised charity dinosaur
- 7 The days you can visit Wroxham Barns for a fiver this month
- 8 Best friends take over popular café in 'just heavenly' setting
- 9 'Unusual' cottage for sale in one of Norfolk's smuggling villages
- 10 Rare insect spotted in Norfolk for first time in nearly 100 years
Stars have already met Ipswich once this season on opening night on home shale and went down 47-43.
Sadly for Ipswich – and the sport in general – triple world champion Jason Crump has suffered five broken ribs after a horror spill at Wolverhampton on Monday and the hugely popular Scott Nicholls steps in as a guest.
King’s Lynn are keen to pass on their good wishes to Crump for a speedy recovery.
Ipswich: Scott Nicholls, Jordan Stewart, Cameron Heeps, Jake Allen, Danny King, Anders Rowe, Drew Kemp.
King's Lynn: Erik Riss, Lewis Bridger, Thomas Jorgensen, Lewis Kerr, Richard Lawson, Ryan Kinsley, Ty Proctor.