Stars' newcomer itching to go in derby clash
- Credit: Ian Burt
Richard Lawson makes his King’s Lynn debut at his former club Ipswich on Thursday night (7.30pm).
It’s been a tough start to the season for Peter Schroeck’s men and it will be another challenge at their rivals.
Lawson is thrilled to be linking up with the club.
He said: “I almost joined Lynn in the winter when there was an issue with one of their riders, but it didn’t happen because the situation resolved itself.
“I was happy to talk to them and when the call came again and they asked if I would still be interested I just said 'yes' straight away. I was without a Premiership team and I jumped at the chance, I’m pleased to be joining up with them.
“I’m confident in my own ability and feel I can do a job for the team.”
Erik Riss switches to the number one spot and there’s a change at reserve with Ty Proctor heading to the number seven spot with Lewis Bridger moving in to the main body of the team.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 6 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 7 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 8 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
Stars have already met Ipswich once this season on opening night on home shale and went down 47-43.
Sadly for Ipswich – and the sport in general – triple world champion Jason Crump has suffered five broken ribs after a horror spill at Wolverhampton on Monday and the hugely popular Scott Nicholls steps in as a guest.
King’s Lynn are keen to pass on their good wishes to Crump for a speedy recovery.
Ipswich: Scott Nicholls, Jordan Stewart, Cameron Heeps, Jake Allen, Danny King, Anders Rowe, Drew Kemp.
King's Lynn: Erik Riss, Lewis Bridger, Thomas Jorgensen, Lewis Kerr, Richard Lawson, Ryan Kinsley, Ty Proctor.