Mayor offers ‘personal message’ amid coronavirus outbreak
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
The mayor of Attleborough says the town council is doing “all we can” to assist the community amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
In a ‘personal message’ addressed to residents of the town, Tony Crouch urged people to be mindful of social distancing advice as measures to prevent the spread of the virus tighten.
But he also highlighted the army of local businesses and traders who have come out in force to offer help and services to those forced into isolation.
“It is fair to say that the uncharted waters of COVID-19 have already brought change as to how we all live our lives,” wrote Mr Crouch.
“The town council wishes to reassure you that services are continuing as much as possible and in line with government guidance.
You may also want to watch:
“The health and welfare of all our staff, councillors and residents is our primary concern and we do not underestimate the challenges which we all face.
“Now more than ever, your local businesses and traders are there for you.”
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 7 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 8 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 First patients receive Covid jabs at Norfolk's new mass vaccination centre
The mayor went on to emphasise the willingness of town councillors to offer support to those in self-isolation.
Taila Taylor is one of the members actively lending a helping hand, with her family’s pub, The London Tavern, operating as a donation point for essential supplies.
Alongside fellow town councillor Lucan Grave and several others volunteers, Miss Taylor has been posting cards with contact details and delivering items to people who get in touch.
The full list of councillors available for support, with contact details, has been published on the Attleborough Town Council website.
For the latest news, visit the Norfolk Coronavirus Updates Facebook page.
Click here to find out more about the EDP’s Here to Help campaign.