Secondary school to close for 24 hours after confirming more coronavirus cases
- Credit: Archant
The secondary phase of a Norfolk school will close for 24 hours today after it confirmed a “handful” of coronavirus cases.
Litcham School confirmed its first case of Covid-19 last Monday, and said later in the week it had been alerted to possible additional cases.
On Saturday, headteacher Robert Martlew said he had met with the Norfolk Outbreak Management Team at Norfolk County Council and Public Health England, and said they were happy with the protocols the school had in place.
“I have today contacted all parents to let them know that we now have a handful of confirmed cases within the secondary phase setting,” he said.
“We have made the decision for organisational reasons to close the secondary phase for one day this Monday, October 5. This will allow us to do an extra deep clean of the school, as well as ensuring that we have the right organisational systems in place to ensure that we can continue running effectively while people are isolating for the necessary 14-day period.
“In line with test and trace procedures, all close contacts of anybody who has tested positive have been contacted and advised to isolate for 14 days.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to thank everyone for their continued support throughout this term, and to reassure them that we will continue to take all the steps necessary to reduce risk.”
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 10 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes