Investigation ongoing into A47 crash in which two people and dog died
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Investigations are continuing into a crash on the A47 in which two people and a dog were killed.
Officers were called at 5.15pm on December 20 to reports of a crash on the Acle Straight between a Vauxhall Astra and a VW Passat.
The driver of the Astra, a woman in her 70s, and the driver of the Passat, a man in his 40s, who has since been named as Mauro Samarani, 49, both died at the scene while a dog travelling in one of the cars also died.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said an investigation in to the crash was ongoing.
The spokesman said a file was being prepared for the coroner with an inquest set to take place in September.
As previously reported the female passenger in the Astra, who was in her 70s, who suffered serious injuries and was in a critical condition has been discharged from hospital.
Mr Samarani, who moved to the UK 20 years ago, had worked as a restaurant supervisor at Sprowston Manor Hotel and Country Club.
Anyone who may have witnessed the crash should contact police on 101.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 4 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 5 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 6 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 8 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street