Seafront hotel up for sale for £1 million
- Credit: GoogleMaps
A hotel overlooking Great Yarmouth's Marine Parade has been put up for sale for £1 million.
The UK Holiday Group is selling The Nelson, which is on the coastal town's seafront, because it "no longer suits" the business' needs.
The hotel has 50 rooms and as two bars - the Library and the Lounge - a meeting room and a function room.
A spokeswoman for the UK Holiday Group said: "The UK Holiday Group owns and operates a number of hotels around the country, including the Nelson Hotel in Great Yarmouth.
"It's a lovely property, and trades very well, but no longer suits our needs and is therefore offered for sale. If it fails to find a buyer we will continue to operate it and invest in the property as we have in the past.
You may also want to watch:
"The hotel will not be closing while it remains in our ownership."
The hotel sees most of its business from tourists and said that following conversations with vendors, the site is expected to be well-booked through to the end of the 2020 season.
- 1 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 2 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 3 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 4 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 6 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 7 Linnets turn down £100,000 bid for midfielder
- 8 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 9 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 10 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case
The group added that it had also recently refurbished its Trafalgar function room which can now be used for weddings.
The room now has a dance floor and bar as well as a separate cloakroom.
The owners added: "There is additional potential in developing the room adjacent to the seafront which should be more than capable of generating extra revenue."