Lidl announces date for new Norwich store opening
- Credit: Archant
Discount retailer Lidl has revealed the date it is opening one of its new supermarkets on the outskirts of Norwich.
The new outlet off Poppy Way, Postwick, will open for the first time on Thursday, July 29.
The store opening times will be between 8am-10pm, Monday to Saturdays and 10am–4pm on Sundays.
It will have an in-store bakery as well as household items such as an electric wok, sunshades and saws too for sale at discount prices in the first week.
It comes as Lidl recently earmarked 12 new locations across Norfolk and Waveney to build new stores. The firm, investing £1.3billion into the expansion, is even appealing to landowners to offer sites for stores.
Work started on the Poppy Way Lidl back in January which created 40 new jobs.
You may also want to watch:
Lidl is also building a new store in Fir Covert Road, Taverham, following planning permission being granted, creating another 40 jobs.
Lidl's regional head of property, Andrew Hodgkinson, said: “It is fantastic that we have been able to continue our investment in Norwich and enable even more of the local community access to our great quality and affordable produce."
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 6 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: 'Major bid' submitted for Armstrong