Could Bishops in King’s Lynn reopen as the Lattice House?
- Credit: Archant
A gastro pub which closed down two weeks ago could soon reopen under its original name.
Bishops of Chapel Street opened up in the former Lattice House, in King's Lynn, last May.
Now the landlords of a dining pub near Downham Market have confirmed they are in talks to take it over.
Adam Noble and Aaron Dobson took over at the Jolly Brewers, at Shouldham Thorpe in November.
Now they are in talks regarding taking over Bishops, which would revert to being called the Lattice House in the event they are successful.
Mr Noble said: 'We're hoping to agree terms tomorrow. Nothing's agreed until everything's agreed, so I'm told, but we're down the road on that journey.' The pub has been secured with steel shutters since it closed. Mr Noble said it would not reopen until the end of February because of 'operational changes' which needed to be made.
Of the name change, he added: 'We're absolutely changing the name back if we're successful, that's what we're going to do.'
- 1 Norfolk fish and chip shop named one of the 10 best in the UK
- 2 Café serving produce fresh from its farm opens in north Norfolk
- 3 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 4 Banksy mural created to spark debate after town's artwork was sold
- 5 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in crash with 4x4 outside village pub
- 6 Woman accused of exposing herself to boy outside Lowestoft park
- 7 Some firefighters using foodbanks amid £18m payroll system 'farce'
- 8 Teenager died after choking on own vomit
- 9 Council refusing special school place for disabled girl
- 10 Police break up rave at country park