Long delays on the A47 as campers head to Sundown
- Credit: Archant
There were long queues on the A47 today as festival-goers headed to the Norfolk Showground.
Traffic is now back to normal after severe delays were reported on the road as music fans headed to the campsite for its opening at midday.
Due to large crowds arriving this morning, organisers decided to let people in early for safety reasons.
Sundown Festival tweeted: "Due to a high volume of people arriving early, we opened the Sundown gates ahead of the advertised time.
"All staff are working hard to ensure we get you in as quickly and safely as possible. Thank you for your patience."
You may also want to watch:
Whilst the opening party doesn't start until 5pm, with acts including Sigala, Macky Gee and a silent disco, thousands of music fans headed to the Showground this morning to make sure they got the best camping spot.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 5 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 6 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 9 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash
Norwich Park and Ride reported delays on their 510 and 511 services from 10.30am, with traffic queuing along the A47 from the A1074 to the B1108, and First Excel tweeted at 1pm its services were also experiencing 40 minute delays.
The main arena will open at midday on Saturday and Sunday and close at 11pm with headliners Anne-Marie and Tinie Tempah and other chart-topping acts including Example, Ella Eyre and Mabel.
You can keep up to date with the latest traffic updates over the weekend here.