Customer ‘shocked’ after buying sorry-looking sandwich from Morrisons
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk woman was left feeling hungry after buying a very under-filled sandwich from Morrisons.
Emily White, aged 26 from Hethersett, headed to Morrisons in Wymondham on Sunday lunchtime and purchased a cheese and tomato sandwich for £1.
But she was 'shocked' to find that the filling consisted of half a slice of cheese and one and a half tomatoes and one even had the centre missing.
Miss White then tweeted a picture of the stingy sandwich to Morrisons and was messaged by the supermarket saying they would 'pass it on as feedback'.
Miss White said: 'When I looked inside the sandwich, I was quite honestly shocked about how that could have got past quality control.'
Replying to the picture posted on Twitter, Shyama Perera wrote: 'It's not even cheese AND tomato, it's cheese OR tomato.
'They could at least have cut it on the other diagonal to make it less insulting.'
READ MORE: Fugitives hide out in Cromer caravan park in new series of HuntedEmma Lowe added: 'It's filling is short of much enjoyment, even for ducks.'
- 1 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 6 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 8 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 9 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 10 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
However, Miss White insists she will continue shopping at Morrisons despite the negative experience as 'they are normally of a good standard'.
A Morrisons spokeswoman said: 'We are sorry that this sandwich hasn't met our usual standards. We have passed this back to the sandwiches team.'