Customer ‘shocked’ after buying sorry-looking sandwich from Morrisons
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk woman was left feeling hungry after buying a very under-filled sandwich from Morrisons.
Emily White, aged 26 from Hethersett, headed to Morrisons in Wymondham on Sunday lunchtime and purchased a cheese and tomato sandwich for £1.
But she was 'shocked' to find that the filling consisted of half a slice of cheese and one and a half tomatoes and one even had the centre missing.
Miss White then tweeted a picture of the stingy sandwich to Morrisons and was messaged by the supermarket saying they would 'pass it on as feedback'.
Miss White said: 'When I looked inside the sandwich, I was quite honestly shocked about how that could have got past quality control.'
You may also want to watch:
Replying to the picture posted on Twitter, Shyama Perera wrote: 'It's not even cheese AND tomato, it's cheese OR tomato.
'They could at least have cut it on the other diagonal to make it less insulting.'
READ MORE: Fugitives hide out in Cromer caravan park in new series of HuntedEmma Lowe added: 'It's filling is short of much enjoyment, even for ducks.'
- 1 Water outages hit homes across city
- 2 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 People released from car after crash closes road
- 5 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 6 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 7 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 8 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 9 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 10 'Heartless' fraudster stole from elderly hospital patients
However, Miss White insists she will continue shopping at Morrisons despite the negative experience as 'they are normally of a good standard'.
A Morrisons spokeswoman said: 'We are sorry that this sandwich hasn't met our usual standards. We have passed this back to the sandwiches team.'