All the pictures as Oktoberfest Norwich returns for 2019
- Credit: Simon Finlay Photography
The beer was flowing on Friday night at OPEN Norwich as Oktoberfest returned for 2019.
The two-day event runs until Saturday at the venue in Bank Plain, which has been transformed into a German-themed Bierkeller.
Tickets were already sold out ahead of the annual beer festival, with afternoon and evening sessions available, and there is authentic German beers and food to enjoy, including the world famous Bavarian bratwurst sausage.
Entertainment is provided by oompah band The Bavarian Strollers and there is also a gin and prosecco bar for those who prefer a glass of fizz.
The Oktoberfest tradition started in 1810 in Munich, Germany, to celebrate the marriage of Bavarian Crown Prince Ludwig to the Saxon-Hildburghausen Princess Therese.
You may also want to watch:
Since then, the event has spread across the world and sees thousands of people dress up in lederhosen and enjoy German beer and bratwurst every autumn.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 Man seriously injured after crash
- 5 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 6 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 7 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 8 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 9 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 10 Minke whale washes up on beach