All the pictures as Oktoberfest Norwich returns for 2019
- Credit: Simon Finlay Photography
The beer was flowing on Friday night at OPEN Norwich as Oktoberfest returned for 2019.
The two-day event runs until Saturday at the venue in Bank Plain, which has been transformed into a German-themed Bierkeller.
Tickets were already sold out ahead of the annual beer festival, with afternoon and evening sessions available, and there is authentic German beers and food to enjoy, including the world famous Bavarian bratwurst sausage.
Entertainment is provided by oompah band The Bavarian Strollers and there is also a gin and prosecco bar for those who prefer a glass of fizz.
The Oktoberfest tradition started in 1810 in Munich, Germany, to celebrate the marriage of Bavarian Crown Prince Ludwig to the Saxon-Hildburghausen Princess Therese.
You may also want to watch:
Since then, the event has spread across the world and sees thousands of people dress up in lederhosen and enjoy German beer and bratwurst every autumn.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Landlady warns community pubs are being 'crucified' by new measures
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 5 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 6 Water outages hit homes across city
- 7 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 8 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 9 People released from car after crash closes road
- 10 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140