All the pictures as Oktoberfest Norwich returns for 2019
- Credit: Simon Finlay Photography
The beer was flowing on Friday night at OPEN Norwich as Oktoberfest returned for 2019.
The two-day event runs until Saturday at the venue in Bank Plain, which has been transformed into a German-themed Bierkeller.
Tickets were already sold out ahead of the annual beer festival, with afternoon and evening sessions available, and there is authentic German beers and food to enjoy, including the world famous Bavarian bratwurst sausage.
Entertainment is provided by oompah band The Bavarian Strollers and there is also a gin and prosecco bar for those who prefer a glass of fizz.
The Oktoberfest tradition started in 1810 in Munich, Germany, to celebrate the marriage of Bavarian Crown Prince Ludwig to the Saxon-Hildburghausen Princess Therese.
You may also want to watch:
Since then, the event has spread across the world and sees thousands of people dress up in lederhosen and enjoy German beer and bratwurst every autumn.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?