A Kevin and Perry Go Large rave is coming to Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Make sure you're wearing a bucket hat as an event dedicated to the nation's favourite teenagers, Kevin and Perry, is coming to Norwich.
A club night celebrating cult classic film Kevin and Perry Go Large, which was released in 2000, is taking place at Popworld in Prince of Wales Road on Friday, April 3.
The film, based on the hit sitcom Kevin the Teenager, sees Harry Enfield and Kathy Burke's characters swap their boring lives in suburbia for a lads' holiday to Ibiza to become DJs and find girlfriends.
The event, which has been selling out venues across the UK, will see a slice of the White Isle come to the city and it will features a soundtrack of nineties dance classics, including plenty of hits used in the film, and guest DJs.
There will be references to the film and sitcom at the event, including jam sandwiches to tuck into, and plenty of giveaways too.
You may also want to watch:
Attendees are encouraged to dress up for the occasion and at previous events people have worn bucket hats, Hawaiian shirts and sunglasses.
Gregg Wilson, owner of Massive Events behind the club night, said: 'It started from a group of people who shared a love of nineties dance music and we thought that a Kevin and Perry night was a great way to bring that music to the masses.
- 1 Large police presence in Norfolk village after person dies on boat
- 2 Latest situation at Norfolk hospitals sees covid-related admissions remain static
- 3 Village pub offers 'proper' 1p 'Penne-y Pasta' dish with alcoholic drink
- 4 Schools close early for Christmas after outbreak of 11 Covid cases
- 5 30,000 Christmas turkeys to be culled in bird flu outbreak
- 6 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 7 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 8 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time
- 9 Stubborn swan squares up to traffic in Norfolk village
- 10 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through Suffolk and Norfolk
'It has been fantastic in other cities, in locations such as Leeds, Sheffield and London, and we recently had our largest one up in Newcastle with 1,200 people.
'We will have our very own Mrs Patterson giving out jam sandwiches and giveaways during the night with things like inflatable bananas, glow sticks and we also have a couple of surprises up our sleeves.'
Tickets cost £6 and can be purchased at fixr.co