Comedy star Jennifer Saunders is heading to Norwich
- Credit: Photograph by Nobby Clark
You're in for an Absolutely Fabulous time as Jennifer Saunders is coming to Norwich Theatre Royal in a new show.
The comedy actress will revive the role of Madame Arcati in Noel Coward's classic play Blithe Spirit from February 24 to 29 ahead of its West End run.
Jennifer received critical acclaim when she starred in the production at Theatre Royal Bath this summer and the show will now visit six UK venues in early 2020.
Blithe Spirit tells the story of novelist Charles Condomine and his second wife Ruth who find their lives change after a séance.
Jennifer Saunders plays the eccentric medium Madame Arcati who conjures up the ghost of Charles' first wife and when she appears, and is visible only to him, she sets out to sabotage his current marriage and things begin to get complicated.
You may also want to watch:
Stephen Crocker, chief executive of Norwich Theatre Royal, said: "We are hugely excited to welcome this fantastic production to Norwich featuring Jennifer Saunders and give our audiences the chance to see it just before it moves into London."
Jennifer is well-known for being half of French and Saunders and also for her double act with Joanna Lumley as Edina in Absolutely Fabulous and has won numerous awards including two Emmys, five Baftas and four British Comedy Awards.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 7 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
It is the latest theatre role for Jennifer, who has also appeared in Lady Windermere's Fan in the West End, and she will be joined on stage by Geoffrey Streatfield as Charles, whose credits include Spooks, The Hollow Crown and the Kinky Boots film.
Written in 1941, Noel Coward's Blithe Spirit provided a distraction from life during World War Two when it was first staged.
The show enjoyed a record-breaking run in the West End and on Broadway and remains one of the playwright's most popular works.
Tickets cost from £10 to £31 and go on sale to friends of the theatre on Tuesday, October 1 at 9.30am and to the public at 9.30am on Tuesday, October 8.
To book, log onto theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk or call 01603 630000.