Christmas market and tree shop announced for Holkham Estate
- Credit: Archant
From a Christmas market to a new tree shop for 2020, visitors will be in for a cracker of a day out at the Holkham Estate over the festive season.
This year marks the 10th anniversary of Christmas at Holkham and a whole host of events will take place in the 18th century mansion and its grounds, beginning on November 28 and running until December 24.
While the much-loved Christmas Candlelight Tours and An Audience With Father Christmas are cancelled, visitors will still be able to go inside Holkham Hall with behind-the-scenes tours.
There will also be workshops, ranging from silversmithing to wreath-making and floristry, while ‘An Audience with Lady Glenconner’ runs on December 5, 12 and 19 at various times.
Lady Glenconner, author of best-selling memoir ‘Lady in Waiting’, is the daughter of the 5th Earl of Leicester and the former lady-in-waiting to Princess Margaret.
You may also want to watch:
She spent her childhood at Holkham Hall and launches her first novel this winter called ‘Murder On Mustique’ and guests will take home a signed copy.
For all indoor events, visitors must wear face masks and there is hand sanitiser throughout the hall.
- 1 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 2 'They think they can get away with it' - crowds flock to seaside village
- 3 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 4 Family of missing man informed after body found in water
- 5 Man dies after rescue operation to cardiac arrest call
- 6 100 cannabis plants found at three neighbouring properties in village
- 7 Norfolk Covid-19 cases at lowest level since October, figures show
- 8 Greek chain looks set to take over former Giraffe restaurant
- 9 Drivers face delays following traffic accident on junction
- 10 Lifeboat called to four people and dog stranded off the coast
Due to coronavirus, many events will run outside this year, including bushcraft lessons, wildlife walks and tractor trailer tours, which include a hot drink and mince pie.
The Christmas Food, Drink and Gift Market will run every Saturday and Sunday from November 28 until December 20 from 10am to 4pm in the Lady Elizabeth Wing and courtyard, with free entry and goodies from local producers on offer.
New for 2020, there will also be a shop offering locally grown Nordmann fir trees and it will be open Wednesdays to Sundays from December 2 until 24, from 10am to 4pm.
The Countess of Leicester, who lives in the hall with her family, said: “Christmas at Holkham has always been an extremely special and heart-warming time of year.
“This year will be wildly different, but we cannot wait to welcome visitors with uplifting experiences that have been thoughtfully crafted, to ensure there’s something for everybody to look forward to.”
See the full programme at holkham.co.uk/christmas
-Stay up to date with all the latest festive news in Norfolk in our ‘Christmas in Norfolk’ Facebook group.