Foodie Friday: Strawberry desserts
- Credit: Archant
With the recent spate of miserable weather, it's about time we remind ourselves what the British Summer is all about - sun, sea and strawberries. And although we can't guarantee the first two, we can however promise you that with The Great British Chef's two recipes, you'll be feeling summery in no time!
Talking - well, moaning - about the weather seems to be the stereotypical attribute that us Brits do best - and although we shouldn't let it define us, it's a topic that consistently surfaces in any given occasion.
So when we're presented with rain and grey skies like we have been over the past week, it's no wonder we all complain. And while we're not able to rely what the skies will present us with next, we can assure that you'll be able to rely on the superb quality of the recipes this week.
You may also want to watch:
Why strawberries? Well let's face it; summer isn't complete without them.
Their long list of health benefits and their delicious taste make them one of the most popular fruits around. So what better way to put those grenades of flavour to good use, than with Adam Gray's soft lemon meringue and strawberry salad, and Francesco Mazzei's adventurous strawberry soup and mosto cotto.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 10 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
As always, we'd love for you to send in photos of your creations to us, which you can do via firstname.lastname@example.org today.
• Don't forget to check back here next Friday to see what delights the Great British Chefs suggest next.