Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- Credit: Archant
A band and a singer-songwriter both due to perform at Latitude Festival have cancelled their shows following positive coronavirus tests.
Fontaines D.C., who hail from Dublin in Ireland, were set to perform on Saturday at 10pm on the BBC Sounds Stage in Suffolk's Henham Park.
The band posted the update on its social media channels on Thursday afternoon and wrote: "We regret to announce that during routine testing a band member tested positive for Covid-19 this morning. Band and crew are now self-isolating.
"Therefore we sadly have to cancel our show in Lincoln tonight and our appearance at Latitude Festival this Saturday."
Post-punk duo Sleaford Mods will fill the slot on the BBC Sounds Stage.
Latitude Festival also announced on Thursday that Alfie Templeman will no longer perform, with alternative rock band Sports Team taking his place on the Obelisk Arena main stage at 2.05pm on Sunday.
Mr Templeman posted the news on Twitter and wrote: "Gutted to announce that unfortunately I’m no longer able to play Tramlines or Latitude this week as I’ve recently contracted Covid.
"I’m currently recovering in isolation dreaming about the rest of the wonderful gigs that we have in store for you this year!"
The headliners for Latitude Festival are Wolf Alice on Friday, The Chemical Brothers on Sunday and Bastille ReOrchestrated and Bombay Bicycle Club on Sunday.
- 1 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 2 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 3 Rare sighting of Northern Lights captured above Norfolk
- 4 City pub to reopen with new owners hoping to bring back 'good old days'
- 5 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 6 Farmers call for Norfolk hosepipe ban
- 7 Firefighters battling forest blaze near Sandringham
- 8 New planning bid to re-use long-empty pub
- 9 Coastguard hunt for missing woman in early morning search
- 10 Two women in hospital with serious injuries after A47 slip road crash
All attendees are required to show proof of two vaccine doses or a negative lateral flow test to enter.