Norfolk cafe launches full English and roast dinner delivery service
- Credit: Cafe Savannah
A Norfolk cafe is set to deliver fry-ups and roast dinners direct to your door to make sure no one misses out while stuck indoors.
Cafe Savannah in The Street, Long Stratton, will be launching the service from this Sunday to coincide with Mother’s Day and will deliver in a 15-mile radius, which will include addresses in Norwich.
Owner Violet Thomas, 46, had the idea after the restaurant she had booked for her family this weekend was cancelled due to coronavirus and she didn’t want other mums to miss out.
Mrs Thomas, who opened the cafe three years ago, will be delivering the breakfast from 9am to 11am on Mother’s Day and it serves two people for £22, with eggs, bacon, hash browns, black pudding, sausages, tomatoes, mushrooms, baked beans and toast.
As well as letting customers enjoy a full English at home, without needing to wash up piles of pans, it also comes with two hot drinks and a gift for your mum, which will be a flower and a cupcake.
You may also want to watch:
The roast dinner costs £25 for two and will be served from 12pm to 3pm with a choice of pork, chicken or lamb, served with giant Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, vegetables and gravy, with two soft drinks and a gift.
Both prices include delivery and they are also doing a smaller version for children priced at £4.50 for both the breakfast and roast, including a juice drink.
- 1 People queue at Norwich Primark an hour before 7am reopening
- 2 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 5 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 6 Eight pints pulled in first three minutes as pub's 'happy hour' returns
- 7 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 8 Boss says sorry for fake worker's 'vile' comments about Prince Philip
- 9 Lanes closed after lorry hits A47 central reservation
- 10 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
Mrs Thomas is also planning to launch a delivery service of home-cooked meals within a 10-mile radius from Monday to help her elderly and vulnerable customers who have been advised to stay at home.
Mrs Thomas said: “Obviously since the announcement on Monday about avoiding restaurants there has been a sudden drop in trade, we have had a few regulars in but people are scared.
“I realised people may be stuck in on Mother’s Day and wanted to do something for everyone.
“We will then be continuing the breakfasts and roasts every Sunday and starting from Monday will also be delivering hot meals, with choices such as spaghetti and beef casserole, from 5pm to 7pm until Saturday each week which will be £5.50, including delivery charge, and £30 for customers that order for all six days.
“A lot of my customers can’t get to the shops at the moment so I wanted to make sure they don’t miss out on a hot meal.”
The delivery service is pre-order only and you can message Cafe Savannah on Facebook, call 01508 535822 or pop-in if you are able to.