Why has The Waterfront in Norwich changed its name?
- Credit: Archant
The Waterfront in Norwich has teamed up with a local company to make sure it stays afloat for years to come.
The venue, which has been managed by the Union of UEA Students since 1993, has been renamed The Adrian Flux Waterfront as the Norfolk insurance company becomes its new sponsor.
The sponsorship will ensure the venue continues to grow, which has seen some of the biggest artists in the world perform there in their primitive years, including Ed Sheeran, Nirvana and Amy Winehouse.
Opening in 1990 after a collection of local bands and help from the council converted an old warehouse in King Street into a place where they could play and it now has a capacity of 700 people in the main room.
READ MORE: Rock band Slade bringing Christmas tour to NorwichToby Cunningham, Chief Executive Officer at UEA Students' Union, said: "The Waterfront is part of the heart of the city of Norwich.
"It meets the needs of the community as well as students and we're so pleased that we've just signed a new lease and we're so pleased to have this new investments opportunity."
You may also want to watch:
The partnership will also offer students at the university the chance to gain work experience with the insurance company during their studies.
Joan Cooper, who is the contact centre manager at Adrian Flux, said: "This is a really exciting opportunity for us to have a partnership at this iconic venue in Norwich."
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 6 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: 'Major bid' submitted for Armstrong