Pictures show the true extent of flooding on the wettest day of the year
- Credit: Michael Howes
These photos show the extent of the flooding caused by a weekend of torrential rain in the region.
Sunday was the wettest day of 2019 for East Anglia, with severe flooding causing problems on the roads, rail network and in homes and businesses.
More than two inches of rain fell in 24 hours in east Norfolk, and the fire service said it received more than 150 flood related calls.
Photos taken by readers show what has been happening in our villages and towns, from home evacuations in Lowestoft to communal puddle paddling in Mulbarton.
Got a photo to share? Send them to email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 6 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 7 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy