Meals on wheels service run by mother and daughter expands
- Credit: Lisa Russell
A popular meals on wheels business run by a mother and daughter team has expanded to a new town.
Founded by Sandy Camp, the Hot Meal Service has been serving elderly customers and helping them live independently since 2011.
Initially the firm operated from Holton, near Halesworth, serving the local community as well as Southwold.
As demand increased, Ms Camp and her daughter, Lisa Russell, opened a second kitchen in Earsham - near Bungay - in 2019, followed by a third near Beccles in recent months.
And now, with more people stuck at home amid the coronavirus pandemic, the pair have decided to expand their services by delivering in Diss as well.
The Hot Meal Service offers a varied five-week menu and delivers food to customers' doors Monday to Friday, between midday and 1.30pm. Frozen meals are available for weekends.
You may also want to watch:
The company's flexibility means customers can decide how many days a week they would like the service.
For more information, call 01603 742373 or visit thehotmealservice.co.uk.
- 1 Injured man found on Norfolk beach could be linked to woman's death
- 2 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 3 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 4 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror
- 5 Fight back against plans for supermarket 'in wrong place' on A47
- 6 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 7 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 8 'One crazy decision' - Mother's anguish over son's death as dealer jailed
- 9 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 10 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE