Major supermarkets recall food products amid allergy fears
- Credit: Archant
Some of the UK's biggest supermarkets are recalling products due to incomplete allergy warnings and wrong use-by dates.
Alerts about a number of supermarket and online recalls have been issued by the Food Standards Agency and Trading Standards this month.
Both warn customers not to consume or use recalled goods but rather return them to the store for a full refund.
Waitrose has issued a recall of Chinese 6 Vegetable Spring Rolls because some packs may contain Duck Spring Rolls, which contain sesame and meat which are not mentioned on the label.
Waitrose is also recalling a Morello Cherry and Almond Tart because it may contain pistachio nuts which are not mentioned on the label. This means the product is a possible health risk for anyone with an allergy to nuts.
You may also want to watch:
The supermarket has also issued a recall of Yorkshire Provender Moroccan Vegetable Tagine Soup as they have an incorrect use-by date on their lid label.
Affected pots show a use-by date of 15/10/19, which should have been 15/01/19.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us
Lidl is recalling McEnnedy Supersize Peanut Flips because they contain peanuts which may not be mentioned in the product ingredients list.
Lidl is also recalling Sondey Organic Biscuits Assorted because they contain peanuts, gluten, sesame, milk and hazelnuts.
Sogud Ltd is recalling various gluten-free flapjack products because they contain gluten which is not mentioned on the label. This means the product is a possible health risk for anyone with an allergy or intolerance to gluten.
Belfield are recalling Ice King Strawberry Cones because the product has been mispacked with choc and nut ice cream cones. The product contains peanuts which are not mentioned on the label.