12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- Credit: Michael Fysh
Police have been called to a road in west Norfolk to what has been described as a "very serious" crash.
A total of 12 police vehicles were called to reports of an accident this morning on the B1145 Lynn Road near the Gayton Thorpe turn off to Drunken Drove just outside the village of Gayton.
A spokesperson for Norfolk police said the road is closed and people have been asked to avoid the area.
Two fire crews from King's Lynn attended the scene and have made the area safe.
At least one ambulance was also in attendance.
As of 1.30pm on Thursday afternoon, the road remains shut and is expected to be closed for the next few hours.
This is a breaking news story. Be sure the check back on the website for further updates as they come in.
Join our Norfolk Breaking News Facebook group to be the first to see breaking news stories in the county.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 10 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car