Police close section of A11 due to crash
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
A section of the A11 had to be closed and a diversion put in place following an earlier accident.
The A11 is currently closed southbound between the A47 near Cringleford, Norwich, and the B1135, Wymondham, due to a crash.
Officers from Norfolk police were called to the scene.
Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journeys and are being asked to exit the A11 and take the B1172 at the Thickthorn roundabout.
However, a section of the B1172 is also closed due to a roundabout being constructed there, so drivers are being warned to take extra care.
At the Norwich Road roundabout, drivers can take the first exit onto the B1135 and from there, rejoin the A11.
You may also want to watch:
It is not yet known when the road will be reopened.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 4 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash