Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- Credit: Danielle Booden
Drivers were today facing more queues and some petrol stations having no fuel as the crisis reached day five.
There are, once again, queues as people try to buy fuel, including at Thickthorn roundabout, in New Road in Acle, in Wells Road in Fakenham, in Acle New Road in Runham, in Blueboar Lane in Sprowston, and in Earlham Road in Norwich.
Amongst those who, as of Tuesday morning, had no petrol, were Tesco at Harford Bridge, BP in Mousehold Lane in Norwich, Jet in Rose Lane in Norwich, Jet in Plumstead Road East in Norwich, BP in Southtown Road in Great Yarmouth, Threeways in Watton Road in Shipdham, Jet in Rose Lane in Norwich, ESSO in Mile Cross Lane in Norwich, and Sainsburys at Hardwick roundabout in King's Lynn.
Some petrol stations, like Roydon Service Station in Diss, and Jet in Plumstead Road East in Norwich, have been limiting the amounts that people can buy, and others, like Asda in Drayton High Road in Norwich, are only serving key workers or emergency services.
Nationally, the army has been put on standby, with up to 150 tanker drivers preparing to deliver to the country's forecourts.
Transport Secretary, Grant Shapps, has also said that panic buying is beginning to ease, with more types of fuel available.
Motoring group the RAC says that the price of unleaded petrol has risen by a penny since Friday, an eight-year high.
Locally, Dereham Town Football Club has cancelled their game tonight, which calls into question if other football games and events will be cancelled should the crisis continue.
Charles Sanders, co-owner of Sanders Coaches, a Norfolk-based coach company, said that the companies bus services are running late everywhere due to queues.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 6 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 7 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 8 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
First buses said the same, that, though they don't have a shortage of fuel, staff are unable to get to work and queues are delaying services.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.