A47 blocked by crash near Norwich
- Credit: Denise Bradley
A crash blocked traffic on the A47 this morning after a car crashed into the central barrier.
The collision happened between Brundall and Postwick, at Cucumber Lane (Broadland roundabout).
UPDATE: Driver dies in crash on A47
The eastbound carriageway was initially blocked, but the A47 is now open.
The exit ramp at the Blofield junction remained closed for longer, but is also now open.
Police were called to the scene around 7:05am.
The fire service was at the scene, with engines from Carrow, Sprowston and Earlham in attendance who aided the ambulance service with casualty care.
Paramedics and the air ambulance were also on the scene.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
The incident caused heavy delays, reaching to Blofield on the A47.
Police are urged drivers to avoid the area if possible.
First Buses announced severe delays to their X1 service and will be diverting via Blofield.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.