Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- Credit: Chris Bishop
A man in his 20s has died after a crash in west Norfolk in the early hours of Friday.
A blue Audi A4 crashed into a wall on the A148 at Hillington at around 2.20am.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene, while three other passengers, two men and a woman, suffered slight injuries.
The road was closed and expected to remain so until around midday while emergency services remained on scene.
Fire crews from King's Lynn North and Sandringham were also called to the scene at around 2.30am to help police and the ambulance service.
The damaged car sat in the middle of the 30mph road at 10am, with a recovery vehicle on site ready for when emergency crews were finished with their work.
Police want to hear from anyone who may have seen the collision, or has information about the driving manner of the Audi before the crash.
Anyone with information should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Wymondham on 101.
- 1 Work on McDonalds and Starbucks site 'breaks rules', councillors claim
- 2 First look inside Norfolk garden centre after £1.25m refurbishment
- 3 Date given for opening of new McDonald's
- 4 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 5 'Vindictive' man torched couple's new home - after failing to buy it
- 6 People urged to get Covid test twice a week
- 7 No recent virus cases in more than a quarter of Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 'The nicest people shop in Lidl' - Women amazed by act of kindness
- 9 Teenager who died in motorcycle crash named
- 10 Holiday village that's an 'amazing opportunity' for sale for £1million