A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- Credit: Google
A section of the A148 in West Norfolk will be closed for most of the morning after a "serious" crash early this morning.
Police said the road would be closed at the village of Hillington, near King's Lynn, between the B1440 and the B1153, "due to a serious road traffic collision".
Firefighters from King's Lynn North and Sandringham were also called to the scene at around 2.30am this morning to assist police.
Drivers are urged to avoid the area as the road will be closed "for most of the morning". Police said they expect the road to remain shut until around midday.
A diversion is in place.
As a result of the accident, Konectbus said its 20A Dereham schools service due to start at Great Massingham at 7.10am would begin instead from Swaffham at 7.27am.
Keep track of the state of Norfolk's roads with our LIVE traffic map.
- 1 Work on McDonalds and Starbucks site 'breaks rules', councillors claim
- 2 First look inside Norfolk garden centre after £1.25m refurbishment
- 3 Date given for opening of new McDonald's
- 4 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 5 'Vindictive' man torched couple's new home - after failing to buy it
- 6 People urged to get Covid test twice a week
- 7 No recent virus cases in more than a quarter of Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 'The nicest people shop in Lidl' - Women amazed by act of kindness
- 9 Teenager who died in motorcycle crash named
- 10 Holiday village that's an 'amazing opportunity' for sale for £1million