‘Mountain’ of rubbish cleared from front garden after complaints
- Credit: Archant
A 'mountain' of rubbish that was left in the front garden for months has been cleared.
Last week, neighbours in Silver Road, north Norwich, complained of rats and a bad smell coming from the pile of waste stacked on top of wheelie bins outside a terraced home.
One woman said she has been complaining to the city council about the rubbish since August.
On Wednesday, October 30, Norwich City Council said a contractor had been paid to clear the rubbish.
At the time a spokesman said: "Our priority remains the safety and wellbeing of all our residents so we will keep residents informed with updates if they've been in touch with us about their concerns."
One week later, the excess rubbish bags had been cleared.
You may also want to watch:
According to its website, the council refuses to collect bins with open lids and excess bags of waste left on the side.
It has not responded to requests for comment.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut