Weekend trains cancelled after level crossing crash
- Credit: Archant
Train services between Ipswich and Lowestoft have been cancelled until the end of the day after a train collided with a vehicle at a level crossing.
The incident took place between Woodbridge and Saxmundham at around 11am and is causing widespread disruption.
Greater Anglia are advising its customers not to travel between Ipswich and Lowestoft via Saxmundham.
Customer's tickets will be valid when taking the alternative route between Ipswich and Lowestoft via Norwich, with this journey will lasting around 90 minutes.
An additional train service has been planned to operate as the 12:15 Lowestoft to Saxmundham, calling at all stations.
There are currently replacement bus services between Ipswich and Norwich however Greater Anglia are advising customers travel via Norwich.
Follow Greater Anglia on Twitter for the latest updates.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 7 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'