Weekend trains cancelled after level crossing crash
- Credit: Archant
Train services between Ipswich and Lowestoft have been cancelled until the end of the day after a train collided with a vehicle at a level crossing.
The incident took place between Woodbridge and Saxmundham at around 11am and is causing widespread disruption.
Greater Anglia are advising its customers not to travel between Ipswich and Lowestoft via Saxmundham.
Customer's tickets will be valid when taking the alternative route between Ipswich and Lowestoft via Norwich, with this journey will lasting around 90 minutes.
An additional train service has been planned to operate as the 12:15 Lowestoft to Saxmundham, calling at all stations.
You may also want to watch:
There are currently replacement bus services between Ipswich and Norwich however Greater Anglia are advising customers travel via Norwich.
Follow Greater Anglia on Twitter for the latest updates.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks