Rural villages to be added to Mobile Post Office service
- Credit: Archant
Four villages in north Norfolk will be added to a new Mobile Post Office service in January 2020.
Weasenham St Peter, Helhoughton, South Walsham and Salhouse will all be added to the list of villages visited by a Mobile Post Office.
The idea behind the scheme is to reconnect rural communities that have been cut off due to a Post Office closing down.
Matt Hatfull, Post Office area network change manager, said: "We are pleased to be able to add Weasenham St Peter, Helhoughton, South Walsham and Salhouse to the existing Mobile Post Office offered by the postmaster for Great Massingham and Great Aylsham.
"To accommodate these new services, we have made some minor changes to the current opening hours of the Hosted Outreach services offered at Newton St Faiths, Worstead, Bodham and Bacton. These changes will take effect from January 29, 2020."
You may also want to watch:
"We are also making some changes to the hours to the current mobile services at Harpley, Hillington, Brancaster Staithe, Thornham, West Newton, Bircham, Field Dalling, Langham, Sedgeford, East Rudham, Snettisham and Ingoldisthorpe. There are many additional visits.
"These changes will start week commencing January 20, 2020."
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 8 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 9 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 10 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
The Post Office is now inviting customers to give their comments on the plans. Views can be shared online at postofficeviews.co.uk with the branch code 378136.
Submissions can also be made via email to email@example.com, by post to freepost YOUR COMMENTS, or by telephone 03452 66 01 15 or Textphone 03457 22 33 55.
New Mobile Post Office dates and times:
- The Mobile Post Office service will visit Weasenham St Peter every Friday between 8 - 8.50am and will be parked at Lamberts Close, Weasenham St Peter, PE32 2TE.
- The Great Massingham Mobile Post Office will be outside the Village Hall, The Street, Helhoughton, NR21 7BP every Friday between 9 - 9.45am.
- The Mobile Post Office service will visit Salhouse every Wednesday between 12.30 - 1.30pm at the Jubilee Hall car park, Lower Street, Salhouse, NR13 6RH.
- It then travels to Panxworth Road, South Walsham, NR13 6DY, where customers will be served every Friday between 1.45 - 2.45pm.