Power cuts leave more than 200 Norfolk homes without electricity
- Credit: Archant
Power cuts have now left more than 200 homes without electricity across Norfolk.
An issue with high voltage overhead electricity lines hit power for at least 53 homes in an area stretching from Sparham, down to Easton, Honingham and Marlingford.
Lenwade, Lyng, Weston Longville, Alderford and Upgate were also affected.
UK Power Networks initially said the outage would be sorted by 8.30pm, with some homes getting power back sooner - although that estimate was later put back to between 9.30pm and 10.30pm.
Further power cuts have now been reported to the west of the county, with 176 homes affected. Overhead electricity line faults are again to blame.
You may also want to watch:
According to UK Power Networks, it is dealing with problems around Narborough, up to Congham, west to Middleton and as far east as West Acre.
Homes in the areas around Wissington, Gooderstone, Stradsett and Wereham have also been affected.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 5 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 6 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 7 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 8 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 9 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 10 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
It is estimated that the power will be back on in these homes between 10pm and 11pm.