Six new restaurants to try in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Food lovers are already spoilt for choice in Norfolk, but the list of options is always expanding, so here are six new restaurants and food outlets which have opened this year.
1. Suffield Arms
After nine years of closure, the doors of the Suffield Arms at Thorpe Market are open once again.
It has been split into three rooms, a local bar at its entrance, which retains the pub's traditional style, a tapas bar at the rear serving authentic Spanish dishes, and a saloon bar upstairs serving cocktails.
The pub is open from 12pm until 11pm every night and closes half an hour later on Friday and Saturday.
2. Estabulo Rodizio Bar and Grill
This Brazilian steakhouse will open on Riverside in Norwich this September specialising in authentic Brazilian Rodizio, where customers pay a set rate and have unlimited access to different types of meat served table-side by waiters.
There will be 15 cuts of local meat on offer which will be served off of a cooking spit and carved in front of the customer.
The price is £19.95 for lunch and £29.95 for dinner, vegetarian options are priced around £15, while a fish option is £20.95.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 7 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 8 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 9 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
3. The Real Greek
The Real Greek will be opening the doors of its 20th restaurant in late August, offering customers a contemporary Aegean experience in Chantry Place.
For the first two weeks after opening, there will be 50pc off food from the main menu, featuring authentic Greek food, including Dolmades, Souvlaki, and Tiropitakia.
Hot and cold meze dishes are priced at around £5, while grilled meze dishes cost about £6. Sides are priced at around £3 each.
4. The Red Lion Lounge
Opening on August 7, the Red Lion Lounge in Fakenham will offer a contemporary wine, cocktail lounge and restaurant offering tastings from around the world.
A different country will inspire its menu each night with signature cocktails, including a whole menu dedicated to gin cocktails, sharing platters and mezze food from that nation.
Foodies offers a wide range of restaurant quality street food from hot dogs to fish and chips and is located on Magdalen Street in Norwich.
The restaurant is open from 12pm until 9pm from Tuesday to Thursday and is open an hour later on Friday and Saturday.
Most meals are priced at around £8 each.
Based at the Dog House pub in Norwich, Fupburger offers huge juicy burgers, with up to four patties, and a range of tasty sides.
Fupburger is open from Monday to Friday, 12pm until 10pm, until 1am on Friday and Saturday and closing at 9pm on Sunday.
Burgers are priced at around £13, while sides cost around £5 each.