Man killed in A140 crash at Mendlesham named as Colin Fisk from Kesgrave
- Credit: Archant
Police have named a 43-year-old man who died in a crash on the A140 at Mendlesham yesterday as Colin Fisk from Kesgrave.
Emergency crews including an air ambulance and six fire engines were called to the scene, near the Brockford junction, following reports of a crash between two lorries and a Renault Megane.
They were sent to help just before 11.20am but Mr Fisk, who was driving the car, died at the scene.
His seven-year-old passenger – his daughter – was later airlifted to Norfolk and Norwich Hospital with a suspected broken collar bone.
Both lorry drivers also suffered minor injuries and were taken to hospital by land ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
A 50-year-old man from the Wisbech area of Cambridgeshire remains in custody after being arrested yesterday evening on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
The road was closed in both directions for approximately 19 hours – it re-opened at around 6.25am today.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named
• Witnesses and anyone with dash cam footage should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 quoting CAD 108 of July 25