The day Kenny became a true City legend
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
In a day of so many stars in yellow and green, there was one Canary who ensured legendary status among Norwich City fans.
It's not every day you declare yourself as mayor of Norwich, have your Wikipedia page changed to reflect your new civic status and ask tens of thousands of people what laws they want changed!
Kenny McLean may have enjoyed a drink (or two) as he took to the balcony at City Hall during the promotion celebrations.
After donning the mayor's feathered hat and ringing the town crier's bell, he told the delighted crowds: 'I make the laws, what do you want?'
With the parade acting as an inauguration of sorts, his new civic title was also officiated online after a quick-thinking fan updated his Wikipedia entry.
You may also want to watch:
As well as describing the midfielder's career, his profile read: 'He is also the current Mayor of Norwich.'
But it seems his period of office as the city's mayor was short-lived as the line was deleted from his Wikipedia page before midday.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire