Cheque it out! The highest and lowest paying jobs of 2019
- Credit: Archant
Pilots, chief executives and air traffic controllers are just some of the highest paying jobs in the UK in 2019.
Figures for 2019, released by the office of national statistics, have revealed the ten highest and lowest paying jobs in the UK.
Among the highest paid professions are chief executives and senior officials on approximately £97,708 per year and air traffic controllers who bring in £94,431.
It is no surprise that legal and medical professionals are also on the list, taking home more than £70,000 per year. Senior police officers and directors also feature on the list.
READ MORE: 9 of the best paid jobs you can apply for in Norfolk right nowDry cleaners and pressers are the lowest paid in the UK on around £16,096 per year, closely followed by bar staff, education support assistants and hairdressers.
Leisure and theme park attendants, cooks and waiters are also on the list featuring the lowest paid.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17