Man in 80s seriously hurt in mobility scooter crash
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 80s has been taken to hospital with serious injuries following a collision between a mobility scooter and a car in west Norfolk.
Emergency services were called to reports of a collision between a mobility scooter and a car, close to the Hardwick roundabout in King's Lynn at 3.50pm on Thursday, January 23.
The driver of the mobility scooter, a man in his 80s, was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital with serious injuries.
Following the collision, a section of the A47 roundabout and Hardwick Road were closed while emergency services, including the air ambulance dealt with the incident.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision, the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the incident, or from anyone who may have captured the incident on dash-cam.
Anyone with information should contact PC Ben Hawkins on 101, quoting incident number 263 of 23 January.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 5 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 6 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 7 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 8 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR