Tributes for man who died after car crashed through bridge wall
- Credit: Archant
Floral tributes have been left at the site where a man died after a car crashed through a bridge wall in north Norfolk.
Two bunches of flowers have been left on temporary railings put up at the junction of Heydon Road on the B1145 in Cawston, between Reepham and Aylsham.
The driver of the car, a man in his 50s, died at the scene after his silver Mercedes left the road and crashed into a fence and wall.
The accident happened at around 8.40pm on Sunday May 19, and saw the car stop above the popular Marriott's Way trail.
Residents in the village have paid tribute to the man via social media.
A spokesperson from Cawston Parish Church posted on Facebook yesterday (Monday May 20): "So sad to hear confirmation of the accident last night in Cawston.
You may also want to watch:
"If you're the praying type, please pray for all those involved."
A woman, who was also travelling in the car, suffered minor injuries.
- 1 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 2 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 3 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 4 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 5 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 6 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 7 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 8 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam
- 9 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 10 Left-back seals permanent Canaries exit
Fire crews from Reepham, Aylsham and Sprowston attended and helped police officers to make the scene safe. The road was closed for a number of hours.
- Police are appealing for witnesses and anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or the manner of driving of the vehicle prior to the incident, is asked to contact the serious collision Investigation unit at Norfolk police on 101.