Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- Credit: Sarah Brown
Police have named the woman murdered in her home in a Norfolk village - and revealed she died of a severe head injury.
A man arrested in connection with the murder of Malgorzata Lechanska, following an incident in Shipdham, remains in custody for questioning as investigations continue.
The man in his 30s was arrested on Sunday August 1 following concerns for the safety of Ms Lechanska at an address in Lake Close at 1.21pm.
He is currently being questioned by detectives at Wymondham Police Investigation Centre.
The suspect remains in custody following extra time being granted by Norwich Magistrates Court on Monday August 2.
Pending formal identification and coroner’s inquest proceedings, the family of Ms Lechanska has been informed.
A Home Office post mortem examination has established she died of a severe head injury.
Detective Inspector Lewis Craske, said: "We are looking for information from anyone who may have known Malgorzata or can help us with information around the circumstances leading up to her death.”
- 1 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 2 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 3 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 4 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 5 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 8 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 9 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 10 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak