Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- Credit: Chris Bishop
A man arrested on suspicion of murder after being found with serious injuries at the foot of cliffs in Norfolk has been released on bail pending further enquiries.
The 54-year-old man was airlifted to hospital after being found at Old Hunstanton on April 15 this year.
As he was being winched off the beach by a coastguard search and rescue helicopter, police found the body of a woman at an address in Leicester.
Police have yet to name the woman, who was found dead at a property in Tennis Court Drive at around 10.30am.
The 49-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene, having suffered a head injury.
Police have linked the two incidents and arrested the man who was taken to hospital in a serious condition after being found at the bottom of the cliffs.
A Leicestershire Police spokesman confirmed the man has been released on bail pending further enquiries, adding that the investigation was "ongoing".
Anyone with information is asked to contact Leicestershire Police on 101 quoting incident 127 of April 15.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub