Arts and crafts fair to raise money for breast cancer appeal
- Credit: SOPHIE WYLLIE
A fundraising arts and crafts fair which was cancelled due to high winds is taking place this weekend.
The Norwich Crafts in the Gardens event, which attracts between 500 and 1,000 visitors each year, is being held at Chapelfield Gardens on Saturday, August 31, from 10am-4pm.
It was due to take place earlier in the month but was postponed because of high winds.
The fair, in its eighth year, has been organised by the Rotary Club of Norwich Centenary, Norwich, Norwich St Edmund, Norwich Blackfriars and Norwich Marchesi.
All proceeds from the fair will go towards the Boudicca Breast Cancer Appeal, which is raising £800,000 for the breast cancer unit at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
The event, sponsored by Taylor Wimpey East Anglia, will feature around 100 stalls selling gifts, crafts and food.
There will also be live music.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Rees, president of Norwich Centenary Rotary, said: "We were so disappointed to have to postpone the original date and we've worked with stallholders, Norwich City Council and local volunteers to get a great day organised for the 31st."
- 1 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 2 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 3 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 4 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 7 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 8 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot