‘Can’t thank you enough’ - Gary Barlow’s message to fans as second Take That Wonderland concert draws to a close
- Credit: Mark Ivan Benfield
Take That lead singer Gary Barlow has thanked thousands of adoring fans who turned out for the band's two gigs in Norwich as part of the Wonderland tour.
The boy band, who made their name in the 1990s and relit their fire when they reformed a decade later, performed their first ever Norwich gig at Carrow Road on Thursday, June 15.
They followed it up with a second performance at the Norwich City football ground on Friday, June 16, with fans queuing for hours before the performance and spending time in the city's bars and restaurants.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic had slowed to a snail's pace around the city as adoring fans tried to get in to see their favourite band.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 6 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 7 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 8 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 9 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
Mr Barlow had already tweeted after the first gig to praise the 'brilliant crowd' who cheered as they saw he and fellow band members sing favourites such as Never Forget, Back for Good and Rule the World.
He also tweeted about how his fellow bandmate Howard Donald had been surnburnt on his visit to Norfolk.
And as the second concert came to end he tweeted to his 4.36m followers: '2 amazing nights in Norwich ! Can't thank you enough #wonderlandlive'
Take That's Wonderland tour finishes at the Ethiad stadium in Manchester on Sunday, June 18.