Young farmers take aim for charity
Young farmers in Norfolk are well known as a charitable bunch.Tomorrow, Harleston YFC has the annual charity clay shoot in Weybread, at noon. Gun licences must be shown and for the YFC class, membership cards must be presented.
Young farmers in Norfolk are well known as a charitable bunch.Tomorrow, Harleston YFC has the annual charity clay shoot in Weybread, at noon.
Gun licences must be shown and for the YFC class, membership cards must be presented. There are sporting and trophy classes, so please support this event.
Club chairman, Lucy Renaut on 07881771913 or clay shoot organiser, Nick Wilby, on 01986 788291 have details.
It has been a huge success in previous years, and Harleston YFC are hoping to raise as much as possible. Last month, Harleston YFC presented £250 to the Bryan Gunn Leukaemia Appeal.
You may also want to watch:
North Walsham YFC members are planning a 20-mile sponsored bike ride in support of farmer Charles Askew, who is cycling to the Czech Republic soon to raise money for the East Anglian Children's Hospice (E.A.C.H).
With the hot weather, North Walsham members will have to endure the elements, but rest-assured, plenty of comfort breaks will be arranged en-route!
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 6 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 7 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 8 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 9 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 10 Hot property - Homes selling just days after being on market
The Federation of Norfolk YFC has been told that on the Thursday of the Royal Norfolk Show, members will can pull a tractor into the main ring to present the cheque with monies raised from the tractor pull to a representative from the Make A Wish Foundation.
If you are going to be at the show on Thursday and would like to get involved, please contact the county office on 01603 731307.
Today, Norfolk YFC members travel to Elsworth, Cambridgeshire for the eastern area summer competitions' day.
Following the qualifying rounds at the Farm Events day recently, Harleston YFC will represent Norfolk for fence erecting, Dereham YFC represent Norfolk in the men's tug of war and a combined team of girls from Dereham and Harleston YFC's will be representing Norfolk for ladies tug-of-war. Good luck to all those taking part.
Downham Market YFC has a social at the Old Conservatives Club in Downham Market tonight and not as previously advertised. Admission for the evening, which starts at 7.30pm, includes a hog roast and strawberries and cream. Details from the chairman, Will Chapman, on 07879842841.