What were the most viewed homes in Norfolk?
It seems a new wave of 'DIY developers' are looking for a bargain with the most viewed homes being in need of repair and for sale at auction – the cheapest being just £50,000.
Homes searched for across the county included those mainly at the lower end of the price scale and several coming under the hammer which could indicate people are looking for bargain buys they can add value to. With most being family houses, it also suggests people are looking to buy for themselves and not as an investment.
Homes searched for on Zoopla included a two bedroom terraced house in Yarmouth for £50,000, a flat in the city centre for offers over £120,000 and a one bedroom cottage in Hunstanton for offers over £100,000.
Only one new build, in Little Plumstead, for £235,000 made the list.
The only exception out of all the homes looked for was a house considered to be the most expensive on the market in Norfolk, in Brancaster, for offers over £4million.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Hornor, chartered surveyor and auctioneer, from Brown & Co, which holds its next property sale on Thursday at the Assembly House in Norwich, said: 'Over the last 15-20 years, I have seen the market change but auction has remained a continued force, it's so transparent and shows in a local forum what something is really worth.'
- 1 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 2 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 3 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 4 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 5 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 6 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 7 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 8 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 9 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 10 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
Here are the top 10 in Norfolk:
Vale Green, Mile Cross, Norwich, a three bedroom terrace – £150,000
Plumstead Road, Thorpe, Norwich, a three bedroom bungalow – £150,000
Gunton Lane, New Costessey, Norwich, a three bedroom bungalow – £200,000
Reepham Road, Hellesdon, Norwich, a four bedroom house – £290,000
Water Lane, Little Plumstead, a three bedroom, new semi detached house – £235,000
Middleton Street, Wymondham, a two bedroom flat – £140,000
East Road, Yarmouth, a two bedroom detached house – £50,000
Marshside, Brancaster, a 13 bedroom house – offers over £4million
Chapel Lane, Hunstanton, a one bedroom cottage – offers over £100,000
Gurney Drive, Sprowston, Norwich, a three bedroom bungalow – £215,000
You can see more homes for sale at www.homes24.co.uk powered by Zoopla. Click here.