We did it - petition to keep Colman’s and Britvic in Norwich tops 10,000 signatures
- Credit: Archant
We did it - thanks to your help.
Last week, when Britvic announced they would move production from their Norwich factory, sparking Unilever, which makes Colman's mustard, to review their future in the fine city, we set up a petition against the decision.
Two reasons drove the campaign - firstly, to safeguard the 350 jobs that could be lost if both factories move and, secondly, to maintain the 200-year link that we, as a city, have with Colman's mustard.
We appealed for your help - and you certainly delivered.
MORE: Norfolk united - MPs shed party colours to back campaign to keep Colman's and Britvic in NorwichLast night, our petition topped 10,000 signatures, meaning the government is obliged to respond.
You may also want to watch:
With near 10,000 signatures on the online petition alone, and enough to tip us over the mark on paper, it shows the strength of feeling that the county has towards the firms.
MPs, chefs and well-known local personalities have backed the fight, and we hope that a way of keeping the firms local can be found.
• If you haven't already signed the petition, you can do so by clicking here.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea