We did it - petition to keep Colman’s and Britvic in Norwich tops 10,000 signatures
- Credit: Archant
We did it - thanks to your help.
Last week, when Britvic announced they would move production from their Norwich factory, sparking Unilever, which makes Colman's mustard, to review their future in the fine city, we set up a petition against the decision.
Two reasons drove the campaign - firstly, to safeguard the 350 jobs that could be lost if both factories move and, secondly, to maintain the 200-year link that we, as a city, have with Colman's mustard.
We appealed for your help - and you certainly delivered.
MORE: Norfolk united - MPs shed party colours to back campaign to keep Colman's and Britvic in NorwichLast night, our petition topped 10,000 signatures, meaning the government is obliged to respond.
With near 10,000 signatures on the online petition alone, and enough to tip us over the mark on paper, it shows the strength of feeling that the county has towards the firms.
MPs, chefs and well-known local personalities have backed the fight, and we hope that a way of keeping the firms local can be found.
• If you haven't already signed the petition, you can do so by clicking here.
- 1 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 2 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 4 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 5 Care home which has sat empty for four years to be revived by new owners
- 6 Recycling centre closures planned as part of £15m County Hall cuts
- 7 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
- 8 Peter Crouch speaks on bid to track down his 'Norfolk husband'
- 9 'Great relief' as vets rule out foot and mouth disease at Norfolk farm
- 10 7 dogs looking for new homes in Norfolk