Trading standards complaints over late Mother's Day flowers
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Trading standards has received a host of complaints from disappointed Norfolk mums who did not receive their flowers in time for Mother's Day.
It comes after hundreds nationally were reported to have been left flowerless on the big day after multiple companies failed to deliver.
Norwich daughter Sian Scannell was one of those left disappointed when flowers she had ordered for mum Ivonne did not arrive in time for Sunday.
She ordered the flowers from Lovely Flora World and had paid extra to ensure the bouquet was delivered by Mother's Day.
Ms Scannell said: "Nothing came for my mum on Saturday, so I thought 'well it's very unlikely but perhaps they'll come on the Sunday'.
"Then nothing came, so I emailed them, called them and even went on Facebook, where there were loads and loads of people saying 'where are my flowers?' and that's putting it politely.
"She's still not got the flowers. When you're not seeing your parents at the moment they've kind of ruined everyone's day.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
"I thought I'd make an effort this year especially so I wanted to get her flowers and I was then running around like a twit on the Sunday trying to find flowers in the supermarkets which was not fun at all and I didn't have a lot of joy.
"I'm worried people will still be ordering and not getting their flowers if they haven't been able to get any and don't see the reviews."
A Norfolk Trading Standards spokesperson said: "We have received a small number of complaints of late deliveries regarding Mother's Day flowers.
"Anyone experiencing issues with deliveries should contact Citizens Advice who can pass on any relevant complaints to Trading Standards, who will take action where necessary.
"The Citizens Advice website is also a really good source of information for anyone buying products or services online: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer"
If flowers arrive damaged or wilted consumers should be eligible for a full refund under the Consumer Rights Act.
Lovely Flora World have been contacted for comment.