This East Anglian company was named second-best employer in the UK – beating Facebook
- Credit: Glassdoor
Anglian Water has been named as the second-best employer in the UK in an annual list – beating social media behemoth Facebook.
Making its debut in the Glassdoor Employees Choice Awards index the utilities company went straight in at number two in the UK, only beaten by web giant Google.
The awards are based on the input of workers who provide anonymous feedback through reviews about their job, work environment and employer over the past year.
Anglian Water received an overall rating of 4.4 out of five and was the highest ranked newcomer in the category, which is open to businesses with more than 1,000 employees.
One employee review of the group said: 'Anglian Water really does put its employees at the heart of what it does. If you are looking for job satisfaction, reward and enjoyment, this is an ideal company to work for.'
You may also want to watch:
The water supplier operates across East Anglia and employs nearly 4,000 people.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 4 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 5 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 6 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 7 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 8 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 9 Plans proposed for 'flexible' space in derelict area of popular park
- 10 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched