Restaurant goes up for sale for £210,000
A thatched building which housed a highly regarded restaurant run by one of the county's famous chefs is going under the hammer for sale at auction.
The Lavender House in Brundall, which was formerly a restaurant at one time run by renowned local chef and the building's former owner Richard Hughes, is for sale at auction in Norwich on October 23.
The Lavender House ran for about a decade under Mr Hughes, who is now director at the Assembly House in Norwich. The Lavender House later became an Indian restaurant called Masala Cottage until this business closed down in May. It followed Mr Hughes having to take action because of an issue with rent and insurance payments and he decided to sell despite many people asking him to re-open it as his restaurant. He then sold the property in June and the current owner is now putting it up for auction.
You may also want to watch:
The property in The Street, offers large kitchens and a first floor living room as well as three bedrooms and character features such as inglenook fireplaces, exposed beams and a thatched roof which was replaced in 2017. The annual rent when it was let as Masala Cottage was £27,500 with additional business rates of £18,250.
Bryan Baxter, auctioneer and agent at Auction House who is marketing the property, said: "Located in the centre of an expanding and popular Broadland village, this long standing and highly regarded former restaurant provides extensive dining areas, public areas and kitchens."
- 1 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 2 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 5 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 6 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 7 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 8 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case
- 9 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 10 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
The auction is at the Dunston Hall Hotel in Norwich at 11am.