Restaurant goes up for sale for £210,000
A thatched building which housed a highly regarded restaurant run by one of the county's famous chefs is going under the hammer for sale at auction.
The Lavender House in Brundall, which was formerly a restaurant at one time run by renowned local chef and the building's former owner Richard Hughes, is for sale at auction in Norwich on October 23.
The Lavender House ran for about a decade under Mr Hughes, who is now director at the Assembly House in Norwich. The Lavender House later became an Indian restaurant called Masala Cottage until this business closed down in May. It followed Mr Hughes having to take action because of an issue with rent and insurance payments and he decided to sell despite many people asking him to re-open it as his restaurant. He then sold the property in June and the current owner is now putting it up for auction.
The property in The Street, offers large kitchens and a first floor living room as well as three bedrooms and character features such as inglenook fireplaces, exposed beams and a thatched roof which was replaced in 2017. The annual rent when it was let as Masala Cottage was £27,500 with additional business rates of £18,250.
Bryan Baxter, auctioneer and agent at Auction House who is marketing the property, said: "Located in the centre of an expanding and popular Broadland village, this long standing and highly regarded former restaurant provides extensive dining areas, public areas and kitchens."
- 1 Vehicles worth £50k stolen from Royal Norfolk Show
- 2 Primary school left without governors after mass walkout
- 3 First-time publicans transform their local and are already winning awards
- 4 Blaze sees 20 passengers evacuated from city bus
- 5 John Bailey: Lord Botham, our cricketing angler/conservationist
- 6 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 7 New fishing tackle shop has 'amazing opening day'
- 8 Man killed 96-year-old bystander in road rage crash
- 9 Screams of daughter run over by her dad heard by murder jury
- 10 Protests planned against soaring fuel prices
The auction is at the Dunston Hall Hotel in Norwich at 11am.