The collaborative ethos at the heart of Future50 programme
- Credit: Archant
They say two heads are better than one – and working together has always been an important part of business.
Picking the right partners is key, however, and Future50 encourages businesses with similar experiences to collaborate and share ideas.
Events give businesses the opportunity to meet in an informal environment where they can decide who they want to work with in the future.
It was such a meeting which saw members PolicyBee and Your Telemarketing build up a working relationship which has spelled success for both parties.
Dominique Fell-Clark, head of marketing at PolicyBee, met Laura Morrison of Your Telemarketing at a supper club event in Bury St Edmunds and an informal chat led to the firm leading a campaign for her.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'We had a company working for us before and I don't think they were really set up to deal with a company of our size.
'It was great to be able to have an open and friendly conversation and being able to describe the challenges we had come up against to Laura.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 5 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 Revealed: Norfolk's hotspots for Japanese Knotweed in 2021
- 8 Tractors and harvesters sold as farming family retires after 100 years
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 King's Lynn man admits inciting children to engage in sex acts
'It was helpful meeting her informally, not when she was selling herself in a sense and we were able to build up a relationship based on trust.'
Ms Fell-Clark said it was helpful being able to talk to businesses of similar sizes with similar challenges.
PolicyBee, and its sister company DigiBee, have gone from strength to strength and are looking to bolster their 29-strong team with two or three more staff.
Mrs Morrison said: 'The Future50 is a very nice way to be able to collaborate. We have done work for several of the businesses and it has certainly helped to raise our profile among local companies.
'We have tried to talk to as many of the Future50 members as possible but none of us are trying to push our services. It is about collaboration, meeting each other and building trust.'
The Future50 is calling for inspiring and ambitious firms to come forward to be part of the class of 2018.
Our selection panel is looking for businesses with the talent to be innovative, the vision to grow and the drive to make it happen.
Successful members will receive exclusive benefits which will give them the edge to succeed.
Apply at www.edp24.co.uk/business/future50